Wednesday 11 May 2011

Worcester Resource Exchange

Hi!

I thought I would post a bit of a preview of my latest model and showcase the place that I pick up much of my materials from!

First off heres a quick picture of the Wartorn Planter:

Wartorn Planter Preview

I am planning on entering him for a competition once I have him finished but more on that later.

The main purpose of this post is to showcase the WORCESTER RESOURCE EXCHANGE and the fantastic job they do.



Worcestershire Resource Exchange is a 'scrapstore' which collects clean and safe waste from a range of local industries and businesses, diverting it from landfill. This 'Aladdin's Cave' of low cost reclaimed material is then made available to members as a creative resource for projects.

I found out about them just over a year ago and have been a member ever since my first visit. The sheer range of materials they have is fantastic and I always come away with boxes of useful bits and bobs ranging from fabric to sculpey and slate tiles to cardboard. They really are an excellent source of raw materials for model making.

Most of my maquettes feature materials from the WRE and the Wartorn Planter is no exception as the body, arms and feet all made of sculpey that I bought there!

I would heartily recommend anyone in the Worcester area or beyond to take a look at their site HERE and if you are in the area take the time to drop in. I guarantee that if you are even remotely arty (or have kids) you will leave with a pile of stuff!

Their opening times are 12pm-7pm on Thursdays, 10am-5pm on Fridays, and 10am-1pm on Saturday. You do need to become a member to make the most of the scrap extravaganza but its well worth it!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment