Friday 13 May 2011

Wartorn Planter Completed

Hi!

I have finished off the Wartorn Planter and managed to take some pictures:


Wartorn Planter

Seedling

Wartorn Planter Examining the Seedling

The Wartorn Planter is a lonely figure trundling across a landscape devastated by a war and then abandoned. Amongst the desolation the rusty little robot plods along planting trees and flowers in an attempt to return the land to beauty.

Originally designed as a warrior but looked too cute, even after a great deal of shell damage, the robot was reclassified as a robotic gardener.

I am really pleased with how he turned out and the experiment with the new arm design has worked out rather nicely. I have entered him into the Cheltenham Illustration Awards but am unsure how he will fare. Time will tell however, and I did enjoy making the little fellow!

I hope to be able to add pictures of my Hercules maquette next so keep your eyes peeled!

All the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment